Saturday, January 22, 2022

A Fresh Translation of John 16

“I have talked these things to you so that you wouldn’t be tripped up. They will make you excommunicated; but an hour is coming so that every single person having killed you should assume to offer priestly ministry to God. And they will do these things because they didn’t recognize the Father nor Me. But I have talked these things to you so that when the hour should come you would remember that I told you.

     Yet I didn’t tell you these things from the start, because I was with you. Yet now I am going towards the One having sent Me, and no one from you questions Me, “Where are you going?” But because I have talked to you these things grief has filled your heart. But I am telling you the Truth, it comes together better for you so that I should come away. Because if I shouldn’t come away, the Advocate won’t come to you; yet if I should go, I will send Him to you. And having come that one will bring the system of this world to light about the malfunction and about a right state of being and about the decision point. About the malfunction on the one hand, because they don’t put their trust into Me; yet about a right state of being, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer view Me; yet about the decision point, because the princeps of the system of this world has been judged.

     I still have a lot to say to you, but you can’t carry the load of it just yet; yet when that One should come, the Spirit of the Truth, He will guide you within all reality; because He will not talk from Himself, but as much as He will hear He will talk and will disclose the coming things to you. That one will glorify Me, because He will receive from Me and will disclose to you. Everything as much as the Father possesses is Mine; because of this, I said that He receives from Me and will disclose to you.

     A little bit and you will no longer view Me, and again a little bit and you will see Me.” They said then from His disciples to one another, “What is this thing which He says to us, ‘A little bit and you won’t view Me, and again a little bit and you will see Me’? And, ‘Because I am going to the Father?’” They were then saying, “What is this thing which He says, ‘the little bit’? We don’t know what He’s talking about.” Yeshua knew that they wished to question Him, and He said to them, “About this do you look with one another that I said, ‘A little bit and you won’t view Me, and a little bit and you will see Me?’ Amen amen I tell you, that you will wail for grief and will sing a funeral dirge, yet the system of this world will rejoice; you will be grieved, but your grief will happen for joy. The woman when she brings a child into the world holds grievous pain, because her hour came; yet when she births the little child, she no longer remembers the distress because of the joy that a human being was birthed into the universe. And you then now on the one hand hold grievous pain; yet I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and no one will lift your joy away from you. And on that day you will question Me nothing at all. Amen amen I tell you, as much as you would ask the Father anything with My name He will give you. Until this point in time you didn’t ask for anything at all with My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy would be having been filled up.

     I have talked to you these things with metaphors; an hour is coming when I will no longer talk to you with metaphors, but I will openly announce to you everything about the Father. On that day you will ask with My name, and I’m not telling you that I will question the Father about you; because the Father Himself has affection for you, because you had affection for Me and had trusted that I came out from alongside the Father. I came out from alongside the Father and had come into the universe; I am again letting the universe go and going to the Father.” His disciples are saying, “Look, now you are talking openly and are speaking not one metaphor. Now we know that you know everything and don’t have a need so that someone should question you; with this we know that you came out from God.” Yeshua responded to them, “You trust this now? Look, an hour is coming and has come so that each of you will be scattered like seed into his own things and you will let Me go alone; and I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. I had talked these things to you so that with Me you would have peace; you hold distress with the system of this world; but be confident, I have been victorious over the system of this world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment