Saturday, January 22, 2022

A Fresh Translation of John 13

 Yet before the holy day of the Pascha, Yeshua having seen that His hour came so that He would transfer out of this universe in the direction of the Father, His own who are within the universe, He loved them as far as the end. And with a seder happening, with the Slanderer already having been tossed into the heart of Y’hudah Bar-Shimon the Iskariot so that he would hand Him over, knowing that the Father gave everything to Him into His hands and that He came out from God and is going to God, He rose Himself from the seder and set down His clothes and having taken a towel He belted Himself; then tosses water into the washbasin and started to wash the feet of the disciples and to wipe them dry with the towel with which He was having been belted. He then comes to Shimon Petros; he says to Him, “Lord, are You washing my feet?” Yeshua responded and said to him, “What I’m doing you don’t know at present, yet you will know with these things.” Petros says to Him, “You will absolutely not wash my feet into the eon.” Yeshua responded to them, “If I won’t wash you, you don’t have a piece with Me.” Shimon Petros says to Him, “Lord, not just my feet but also my hands and head!” Yeshua says to him, “The person having been bathed doesn’t have a use for it except for the feet to be washed, but is otherwise entirely clean; and you guys are clean, but not all. Because He knew the one handing Him over; because of this He said that, “Not all of you guys are clean.”

     When He then washed their feet and took His clothes and fell upon the floor again, He said to them, “Do you recognize what I have done for you? You call Me, ‘The Teacher,’ and ‘The Lord,’ and you speak beautifully, because I am. If then I, the Teacher and Lord, washed your feet, you guys are also obligated to wash one another’s feet; because I gave you an example so that just like I did for you, you guys also should do. Amen amen I tell you, a slave isn’t better than his owner, neither is an emissary better than the person having sent him. If you know these things, you are happy if you should do them. Not about all of you am I speaking; I know those whom I selected; but so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, “The person nibbling on My bread lifted up his heel upon Me.’ From this point on I am telling you before the happening, so that you would trust when it should happen that I Am. Amen amen I tell you, the person receiving anyone whom I would send receives Me, yet the person receiving Me receives the One having sent Me.”

     Having said these things, Yeshua’s breathing was upset and He testified and said, “Amen amen I am telling you that one of you will hand Me over.” The disciples looking at one another being at a loss about whom He is speaking. One of His disciples was reclining against the chest of Yeshua, whom Yeshua loved, Shimon Petros then nodded to this person to inquire who it would be about whom He is speaking. That person then having in this way fallen upon the chest of Yeshua says to Him, “Lord, who is it?” Yeshua responds, “That person is to whom I will dip the piece of bread and will give it to him.” Having then dipped the piece of bread He gives it to Y’hudah Bar-Shimon the Iskariot. And with the piece of bread at that time Satan entered into that one. Yeshua then says to him, “What thing you are doing, do it fast.” Yet this thing no one of those reclining knew in the direction of what He said to him; because some were assuming, since Y’hudah was holding the money-box, that Yeshua says to him, “Purchase what we have need of for the holy day,” or so that he would give something to the destitute. Taking the piece of bread that one came out immediately. Yet it was night.

     When he then came out, Yeshua says, “Now the Son of Adam was glorified, and God was glorified with Him, and God will glorify Him by means of Him, and he will immediately glorify Him. Little children, I am still with you for a little bit; you will look for Me , and just like I told the Iudaeans that, ‘Where I am going you can’t come,’ I am also telling you now. I am giving you a fresh command, so that you love one another, just like I loved you so that you also love one another. With this thing everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you should possess love among one another.”

     Shimon Petros says to Him, “Lord, where are you going?” Yeshua answered, “Where I’m going you can’t follow Me now, yet you will follow Me afterwards.” Petros says to Him, “Lord, because of what can’t I follow You now? I would set down My psyche on your behalf.” Yeshua responds, “Would you set down your psyche on My behalf? Amen amen I tell you, the rooster will absolutely not sound until which time you would disown Me thrice.”

No comments:

Post a Comment