Saturday, January 22, 2022

A Fresh Translation of John 15

 John 15


“I am the real vine and My Father is the Vinedresser. Every single branch within Me not producing fruit He removes it, and every single branch which produces the fruit He cleans it so that it would produce more fruit. You are already clean because of the message which I had talked to you; make your home within Me, and I within you. Just like the branch can’t produce fruit from itself if it shouldn’t make its home within the vine, in this way neither you if you shouldn’t make your home within Me. I Am the Vine, you are the branches. The person making his home within Me and I within him this person produces a lot of fruit, because separated from Me you absolutely can’t do anything at all. If someone shouldn’t make his home within Me, he was tossed outside like the branch and was dried up and they collect them and toss them into the fire and they are burned. If you should make your home within Me and My spoken words should make their home within you, you will ask whatever you would wish, and it will happen for you. With this My Father was glorified, so that you would produce a lot of fruit and would become disciples for Me. Just like the Father loved Me, I also loved you; Make your home within the love which is Mine. If you should keep My commands, you would remain within My love, Just like I had kept the commands of My Father and I make My home within His love.

     I have talked these things to you so that the joy which is Mine would be within you and your joy would be filled full. This is the command which is Mine, so that you love one another just like I loved you. No one holds better love than this, so that someone would set down his psyche on behalf of his friends. You are My friends if you would do what things I Myself am commanded for you. I am no longer saying to you, ‘slaves,’ because the slave doesn’t know what his owner is doing; yet I have said, ‘friends,’ because everything which I heard from alongside My Father I made known to you. You didn’t select Me, but I selected you and set you down so that you should go and should produce fruit and your fruit should make its home, so that anything whatever you should ask the Father with My name He will give you. These things I am commanded for you, so that you love one another.

     If the system of this world hates you, recognize that it had hated Me first. If you were from the system of this world, the system of this world would have affection for its own; yet because you aren’t from the system of this world anymore, but I selected you out of the system of this world, because of this the system of this world hates you. Remember the message which I said to you, “A slave isn’t better than his owner.” If they chased Me down, they will also chase you down; if they kept My message, they will also keep yours. But they will do all of these things to you because of My name, because they don’t know the One having sent Me. If I didn’t come and talk to them, they weren’t in possession of a malfunction; yet now they don’t even have a pretext about their malfunction. The person hating Me also hates My Father. If I didn’t do the deeds among them which no one other did, they weren’t in possession of a malfunction; yet now they have also seen and have hated both Me and My Father. But so that the message which is having been written within their Torah would be fulfilled that, “They hated Me for no reason.”

     When the Advocate should come, whom I will send to you from alongside the Father, the Spirit of the Truth which goes out from alongside the Father, that One will testify about Me; yet you also will testify, because you are with Me from the start.”

No comments:

Post a Comment