Sunday, December 5, 2021

A Fresh Translation of Philippians 4

As also my dear and longed for brothers, my joy and crown, in this way stand by means of the Lord, dear ones.

     I encourage Euodia and I encourage Suntuche to be mindful of the same thing by means of the Lord. Yes, I request also that you, their legitimate spouse, become pregnant with them, such women as by means of the Gospel fought alongside me with Clementus and the rest of my coworkers, whose names are in the book of life. Always rejoice in the Lord; again I will say, rejoice. Let your fairness be known to all human beings. The Lord is near. Don’t be anxious about a single thing, but within everything by prayer and by petition with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which is beyond every intellect will guard your hearts and thoughts by means of the Christ, Yeshua.

     The remaining thing, brothers, as many things as are true, as many things as are revered, as many things as are right, as many things as are purified, as many things as are cherished, as many things as are well spoken of, if anything is a virtue and if anything is awesome, take these things into account; what things you also learned and received and heard and saw with me, practice these things; and the God of that peace will be with you.

     Yet I rejoiced by means of the Lord greatly that already at one point in time your being mindful on my behalf sprouted up again, upon which you were also mindful, yet you had no time. Not that I am speaking in line with a coming up short, because I myself learned to be self-sufficient within what situations I am. I know both what it is to be humble, and I know what it is to overflow; with everything and with all things I had been initiated, both to be well fed and to hunger, both to overflow and to come up short; I am physically strong for everything with the Christ empowering me. However, you did well having shared with my trouble.

     Yet you yourselves also know, Philippians, that at the start of the Gospel, when I came out into Makedonia, not a single congregation shared with me as far as a message of giving and receiving if not just you folks, because also in Thessalonike both once and twice you sent resources for me to use.  Not that I was searching for the thing given, but I was searching for the increasing fruit as far as your message. Yet I keep away from everything and I overflow; I had been filled up having welcomed alongside Epaphroditos the things from alongside you, a good smelling fragrance, a welcome sacrifice, pleasing to God. Yet my God will fill up all the things you use in line with His reputed wealth with the Christ, Yeshua. and to our God and Father is the glory into the eons of the eons, amen.

     Embrace every holy one by means of the Christ, Yeshua. The brothers together with me embrace you folks. All the holy ones embrace you, yet especially those from the house of Caesar. The charity of the Lord Yeshua the Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment