Friday, December 3, 2021

A Fresh Translation of Philippians 3

["Our" is placed in all caps in the final paragraph in order to give it the emphasis suggested by its placement in the Greek text.]

The remaining thing, my brothers, rejoice by means of the Lord, to write the self-same things to you on the one hand isn’t timid for me, yet for you folks on the other hand it’s rock-solid.

     Watch out for the dogs, watch out for the bad workers, watch out for the mutilation. Because we who do the priestly service by the Spirit of God and brag by means of the Christ, Yeshua, and not having been persuaded by our flesh are the circumcision, although I myself hold a reason to have been persuaded by my flesh also. If anyone thinks another thing to have been persuaded by their flesh, I have more reason; by a circumcision on the eighth day, from the race of Israel, of the tribe of Benyamin, Hebrew from Hebrews, a Pharisee where the Torah is concerned, chasing down the congregation where  zeal is concerned, where the rightness which is by means of the law is concerned having become faultless. But what things were a profit for me, I have held these things a loss because of the Christ. But on the contrary I am also holding everything to be a loss because of the superiority of being familiar with the Christ, Yeshua my Lord, because of whom I lost everything, and am holding everything to be trash, so that I would be profited the Christ and be found within Him, not having a rightness of mine which is born from the Torah but the rightness through the faith of the Christ, the rightness born from God by the faith, being familiar with Him and the power of His resurrection and communion with His sufferings, being formed together with His death, if somehow I would arrive into the final removal from the dead.

     Not that I’ve already gotten it or already been finished, yet I chase after it if I would also seize it, by which thing also I had been arrested by the Christ, Yeshua. Brothers, I don’t yet figure myself to have seized it; yet one thing, the things behind me being escaped on the one hand, yet stretching out to grasp the things in front of me on the other hand, I am chasing down the goal for the prize of the summons above of God with the Christ, Yeshua. As many then as are finished, we should be mindful of this; and if you are mindful of anything differently, God will also reveal this thing to you; however into what distance we’ve already come, to march in step by the self-same thing.

     Become mimics of me together, brothers, and scope out those walking in this way just like you have us for a type. Because many are walking (whom I was speaking to you about many times, yet now speak in tears) who are hostile to the cross of the Christ, whose goal is destruction, whose god is the belly, and reputation is with their disgrace, who are mindful of the earthly things. Because OUR citizenship starts off with the heavenly realms, from where also we are eagerly waiting for the rescuer Lord Yeshua the Christ, who will transform the body of our humiliation to be formed together with the body of His glory in line with the energy of Him being able also to subject the everything to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment