Saturday, November 20, 2021

Fresh Translation of John 10

I got from the Lord this morning that I was supposed to do a fresh translation of John 10 for my devotions today and post it. I don't know why, but, here it is.

 John 10

     “Amen amen I tell you, that person who doesn’t enter through the gate into the sheep pen, but climbs up from another place is a thief and pirate; yet the person entering through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens to this person, and the sheep hear his voice and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he tosses out all his own, he goes in front of them, and his sheep follow, because they know his voice. Yet they will absolutely not follow another, but will flee from him, because they don’t know the voice of others.” Yeshua told them this proverb, yet those didn’t recognize what it was he was saying to them.

     Yeshua then spoke again, “Amen amen I tell you that I Myself am the gate for the sheep. Everyone as many as came before Me are thieves and pirates, but the sheep didn’t listen to them. I Myself am the gate. If any person should enter through Me he will be rescued and will go in and go out and will find pasture. The thief doesn’t come except that he should steal, and slaughter, and destroy. I came so that they should posses life and should possess overflow. I Myself am the Very Best Shepherd. The Very Best Shepherd lays down His last breath on behalf of the sheep. The wage-worker also, not being the shepherd, of whom the sheep are not his own, watches the wolf coming and lets the sheep go and runs for it—and the wolf plunders and scatters them—because he is a wage-worker and it isn’t concerning to him about the sheep. I Myself am the Very Best Shepherd and I recognize what is Mine and what is Mine recognizes Me just like the Father is familiar with Me and I Myself am familiar with the Father, and I lay down My last breath on behalf of the sheep. But I also possess other sheep which aren’t from this sheep pen; and there is a need for Me to lead them and they will hear My voice, and they will be a single flock, there will be a single Shepherd. Because of this, My Father cares for and has compassion for Me because I am laying down My last breath, so that I should receive it again. No one takes it away from Me, but I lay it down from Myself. I hold the authority to lay it down, and I hold the authority to receive it again. I received this command while standing next to My Father.”

     A schism happened again among the Iudaeans because of these words. Yet a lot of them were saying, “He possesses a demon and is a raging lunatic; what are you listening to Him for?” Others were saying, “These aren’t the spoken words of one who is demonized; no demoniac can open the eyes of the blind, can he?”

     Then Chanukkah happened among the people of Hierosoluma, it was winter, and Yeshua was walking within the Temple among the colonnade of Solomon. The Iudaeans then circled Him and were telling Him, “Until what point in time will you take our breath? If you are the Christ, tell us openly.” Yeshua answered them, “I told you and you didn’t believe it. These deeds which I am doing in the name of My Father testify about Me, but you don’t believe it, because you aren’t from the sheep which are Mine. The sheep which are Mine listen to My voice, and I recognize them and they follow Me, and I am giving them the life of the Eternal One and they will absolutely not be destroyed into the eternal and not a single person will plunder them from My hand. My Father who gave them to Me is greater than everything, and no one can plunder anything from the hand of My Father. I and the Father are one thing.”

     The Iudaeans then carried stones again so that they would stone Him. Yeshua responded to them, “I showed you a lot of beautiful deeds from the Father; for which of these deeds are you stoning Me?” The Iudaeans answered Him, “We aren’t stoning You about a beautiful deed but about blasphemy, and that You, being a human being, are making Yourself a god.” Yeshua answered them, “Isn’t it written in your Torah that, “I said, you are gods”? If it said those to be gods to whom the message of God happened, and the Scripture can’t be unlaced, then to the one whom the Father consecrated and sent out into the universe you are saying that, “You are blaspheming,” because I said, “I am the Son of God”? If I don’t do the deeds of My Father, don’t believe Me; yet if I do, and you won’t believe Me, believe the deeds, so that you recognize and might recognize that the Father is inside of Me and I am inside of the Father.” They sought to grab Him again, and He went out of their hand.

     And He came out again to the other side of the Jordan into the place where Yohanan was first baptizing and stayed put there. And many came to Him and were saying that Yohanan on the one hand didn’t do a single sign, yet everything as much as Yohanan said about this guy was true. And many put their trust into Him there.

No comments:

Post a Comment