Tuesday, November 30, 2021

A Fresh Translation of Philippians 1

 Philippians 1


Paulos and Timotheos, slaves of the Christ, Yeshua, to all the holy by means of the Christ, Yeshua, who are in Philippi together with the Bishops and Deacons, charity to you and peace from God our Father and Lord Yeshua the Christ.

     I thank my God upon every single memory of you always in every single petition of mine on behalf of all of you, submitting the petition with joy, upon your communion into the Gospel from the first day  up to this moment, having been convinced of this same thing, that the One having made the beginning of a good work within you will complete it up til the day of the Christ, Yeshua; just like it is right for me to be minded this way on behalf of all of you because of me having you within my heart, being my partners from the charity of you all in both my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the Gospel. Because God is my witness as I would long for you all with the deepest parts of the Christ, Yeshua. And I am praying this, so that your love would overflow more and more with the knowledge which comes from seeing Him for yourself and with every single sensory perception as far as you proving the things which carry from one to another, so that you would be unmixed and free from having caused harm as far as the day of the Christ, having been filled with the produce of rightness which is through Yeshua the Christ for God’s reputation and praise.

     Yet I want you to know, brothers, that the things which are happening to me have more come for the advancement of the Gospel, so as for my chains by means of the Christ to have become visible among the whole Praetorium and all the rest, and the more of the brothers in the Lord having been convinced by my chains to overwhelmingly dare to speak the message fearlessly.

     Some on the one hand also through envy and discord, yet some on the other hand also preach the Christ because of good intent; these on the one hand from love, knowing that I am lying outstretched for the defense of the Gospel, yet those on the other hand proclaim the Christ from selfish ambition like a politician drumming up support for themselves, not purely, expecting to rouse up trouble by my chains. Because of what? However, that by every manner, whether by pretext or by truth, the Christ is proclaimed, and with this I am rejoicing. But I will also rejoice, because I know that this will turn out for me for a rescue through your petition and support of the Spirit of Yeshua the Christ in line with my eager expectation and hope that I will be ashamed with nothing but with every openness like always and currently the Christ would be magnified with my body, whether through life or through death. Because the Christ is what I’m living and for me to die is profit. Yet if what I’m living is in the meatsack, this situation is for me fruit from the work, and I don’t make known what I would prefer. Yet I am caught pressed between the two, holding the longing for the unloosing and to be together with the Christ, better by a lot more; yet the keeping going in the meatsack is more constraining because of you folks. And being convinced of this I know that I will stay put and stay nearby you all for your progress and joy of the faith, so that your bragging might overflow with the Christ, Yeshua, by means of me through my arrival again in your direction.

     Just live worthily as a citizen of the Gospel of the Christ, so that whether having come and seen you or being away I hear what’s happening with you, that you would stand with one Spirit, with one soul contending together by the faith of the Gospel and not being scared by anything at all by those opposed, which is an omen of destruction to them, yet your rescue, this from God. Because it was charitably given to you on behalf of the Christ, not just to put your trust into Him but also to suffer on His behalf, having the same struggle, as much as you saw with me and now hear with me.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment